Re: What is holding up 2.20 release?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: What is holding up 2.20 release?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 21:01:22 +0000

On 11/16/19, 1:52 PM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

    > Dear Team,
    >
    > It seems to me like we are pretty much in shape such that we should
    > release 2.20.  I'd be fine if we called 2.19.83-1 the 2.20 release,
    > even if there are some critical regressions.  2.19.83 is SO much
    > better than 2.18.2.
    >
    > IIUC, the only thing 2.20 is waiting on is for David K. to cherry-pick
    > some patches.  Is that correct?

    And putting out a new prerelease to be sure that those are ok, and
    waiting for the translators to catch up with cherry-picked patches
    containing stuff to be translated.

    But the current roadblock is David K. cherry-picking some patches.

Is the reason for cherry-picking such a big list of patches to avoid some
regressions?  Or are these patches that were created after we put out the last
pre-release?

Would you like me to try doing the cherry-picking for you?

Carl