Re: What is holding up 2.20 release?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: What is holding up 2.20 release?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 22:29:40 +0100

On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 19:29 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
> Sure, but does it fix an issue that makes it "critical" enough to add
> the new relocation code fairly late in the process?

For the discussion that motivated these changes, see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-02/msg00080.html
Although they fix a bug in a very special case, IMVHO they do not sound
really critical but fall more in the cleanup category.

Note that if cherry-picking commits from issue 5481 is approved, then
the changes brought by these commits will need to be slightly reworked
or some or all commits for issue 5471 (at least 5471/1 for the
additional optional argument of sane_putenv and probably also 5471/2)
will have to be cherry-picked too.

About the general cherry-picking process, I'm happy to provide
occasional GUB build test on it – I just launched it for
dev/hahnjo/stable-2.20.

Best,
John