Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW librarie

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW libraries (issue 577450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 15:30:26 +0100

Masamichi Hosoda <address@hidden> writes:

>> We currently have the problem that the compiler used in GUB for
>> compiling 32bit binaries gets an internal compiler fault for those
>> options.
>>
>> We'll need to figure out whether a newer compiler does the trick, and if
>> it does, update GUB.  Or find a different way of proceeding.
>>
>> I'll see whether I can convince my current compilers to generate 32bit
>> code and see whether those are currently up to using those options.  If
>> current compilers don't want them, we'll need to revert to a different
>> plan.
>
> It seems that static cast from `unsigned long long` to `double`
> by x86 SSE2 raises the internal compile error.
> However, static cast from `signed long long` to `double`
> does not raise the errir.
> I think it can be a workaround for rational.cc.
>
> i.e.
> First, static cast from `unsigned long long` to `signed long long`
> Then, static cast from `singed long long` to `double`

Oh wow.  I would never have thought one could identify something as
specific.  I think I have convinced my system to build a 32bit Guile,
but have problems convincing LilyPond to do the same.  So I cannot help
with debugging this situation yet or even finding out whether it
persists into newer compiler versions.