Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 09:13:49 +0100

Hi,

śr., 5 lut 2020, 00:34 użytkownik <address@hidden> napisał:

> What problem are we trying to solve here?

In short, it's been found (I think Mike will be able to give you specific
examples) that having code of conduct encourages contributions from
newcomers.

Also, it's simply good to have a lightweight process for situations
(hopefully rare) when there is a serious personal conflict (I don't mean
disagreement on technical matters) or when someone's actions are hurting
other contributors or harm the community (regardless of good or bad
intentions).

Finally, I would say this will serve as a kind of lighthouse, a reference
point that will guide the community when heated technical discussions
happen.

Best,
Janek

PS this was proposed immediately after Salzburg conference but got stuck on
my review.