Re: Issue 5739: Add makefile targets for formatting all C++ code (issue

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 5739: Add makefile targets for formatting all C++ code (issue 565620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 09:52:20 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/565620043/diff/549530043/GNUmakefile.in
File GNUmakefile.in (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565620043/diff/549530043/GNUmakefile.in#newcode319
GNUmakefile.in:319: ## TODO: This condition speeds up make when
formatting targets are not
I would not really work with a timestamp file but rather use git status
to detect modified files, so that only those would be affected.  That,
however, is more a useful approach for a script rather than a Makefile.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565620043/diff/549530043/configure.ac
File configure.ac (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565620043/diff/549530043/configure.ac#newcode367
configure.ac:367: STEPMAKE_PROGS(CLANG_FORMAT, clang-format-9
clang-format, OPTIONAL, 9, 9)
Interesting.  This gives a warning when it isn't installed?  I think
that we don't usually flag dependencies of components not involved in
either building or running LilyPond.  For example, we provide Emacs and
vi style files without checking for availability of either editor.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565620043/