Re: event queue with thread for c++

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: event queue with thread for c++
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 18:36:07 +0100

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 4:23 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Does this already solve your needs?

I found a way, using pthread_create.  Unfortunately, it's doesn't really
work, because there is no way to discover the size of the live set.

> > Jonas
>
> It's worth pointing out that almost _all_ of our Scheme-level
> allocations are routed through the Smob_core class, so doing the heap
> extension _there_ when one passes there next should be workable.

I'd rather not, that path is somewhat hot. But you do give me an idea now:
I could use the smob count as a proxy for the size of the heap, which is
what I wanted all along.