Re: Grow heap aggressively during music interpretation (issue 561390043

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Grow heap aggressively during music interpretation (issue 561390043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 02:17:37 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/567180043/lily/include/smobs.hh
File lily/include/smobs.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/567180043/lily/include/smobs.hh#newcode312
lily/include/smobs.hh:312: static size_t count;
On 2020/02/09 03:29:26, Dan Eble wrote:
> It seems that this is initialized to zero because it is static, but if
it simply
> had an "= 0", I wouldn't have had to go refresh my memory with a web
search.

> Is it correct that there are no static Smobs anywhere in the program?
If there
> were, it would be responsible to spend some time checking whether this
could be
> affected by the "static initialization order fiasco."  (Maybe you
already have.)

I've added an = 0 to the code in .cc. FWIW, This behavior is ANSI C (C89
even), which is a tiny standard compared to the C++11 standard, so I
think it is reasonable to expect that people know this.

Smobs are objects exposed as SCM values, so it is impossible to create
them before GUILE is booted up; the protected status of the Smob_core
ctor enforces this.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/567180043/lily/smobs.cc
File lily/smobs.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/567180043/lily/smobs.cc#newcode23
lily/smobs.cc:23: #include <gc/gc.h>
On 2020/02/09 09:25:20, hahnjo wrote:
> You probably want this to be guarded by GUILEV2?

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/567180043/lily/smobs.cc#newcode46
lily/smobs.cc:46: printf ("bytes per obj %d\n", size / count);