Re: Simplify define-markup-[list-]command-internal, (issue 545590045 by

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Simplify define-markup-[list-]command-internal, (issue 545590045 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 22:23:44 +0100

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 9:57 PM <address@hidden> wrote:

> > In this commit, extra support for the case where command-and-args is
> empty was added, ie.
>
> That characterisation is completely wrong.  The support is not for the
> cases "where command-and-args is empty" but rather where
> command-and-args is not a list but a single symbol.  Just like
>
> (define symbol value)
> and
> (define (symbol arg1 arg2) body...)

I'm trying to get the markup macros working with GUILE 2.x compilation,
which means that all calls to module-define! have to go.

As a prelude to that, I'm trying to understand what this code is trying to
do.

I don't think supporting

  (define-markup-command sym1 sym2)

is very useful, but if you really want to have this, it should be
documented and tested.