Re: How do I change LOCALEDIR?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: How do I change LOCALEDIR?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 18:36:07 +0100 (CET)

>> Please try the attached patch.  It now calls `bindtextdomain` a
>> third time to take care of setting `LILYPOND_LOCALEDIR` in the
>> relocation files.
>
> I’d really rather not patch the code if I don’t have to, and three
> attempts to do anything seems smelly to me (it suggests that the
> logic flow is in the wrong order),

I don't think that the logic flow is wrong.  The idea is to have
translated error and warning messages as soon as possible.  At the
very beginning, lilypond only knows about the compile-time LOCALEDIR
location.  Later on it checks the LILYPOND_LOCALEDIR environment
variable, and finally the relocated version of LILYPOND_LOCALEDIR.

If you know a better solution please make suggestions.

> but I’ll give the patch a try and see if it fixes the proximate
> issue.

Thanks.

    Werner