Remove lily-git?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Remove lily-git?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 22:14:36 +0200

Hi everybody,

There is a discussion at https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1012
about the future of lily-git.Basically, I think that it no longer makes sense
to keep it now that we switched to GitLab. It merely provides a graphical
interface to the most basic Git commands, a task for which there are many other tools available on the Net. It would need substantial work because we now want
contributions to be turned into merge requests instead of patches. Finally,
GitLab has documentation targeted at beginners, and there are plenty of
external tutorials available, too. So, my opinion is to simply drop it.
What do you think?

Best,

Jean Abou Samra