Re: LilyPond | Pipeline #156017999 has failed for dev/hanwen/doc-build |

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond | Pipeline #156017999 has failed for dev/hanwen/doc-build | 47b263b1 in !84
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 00:06:13 +0200

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 10:18 AM Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:

> > > Where do you get that 25% from, with no version of the MR passing
> > > automated CI testing?
> >
> > You can run it locally. There is a significant speedup for parallel builds.
>
> Could you quantify please? Also, are you doing an apples-to-apples
> comparison by restricting both builds to the same number of CPUs using
> taskset? This should avoid the rewritten build to use more resources
> than it's supposed to be.

There are some outdated measurements of make -j4 in the commit
message. There are 55 toplevel texi documents, and they can now all be
processed in parallel.  Before, each directory had to be done
sequentially, reducing the amount of parallelism.

The comparison is not 1-to-1 though. The current doc build doesn't
build the snippet document in multiple languages, even though there
are translations in german, spanish and french, and until now, I've
been building PDF files in cs too.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen