Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:53:30 +0200

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn@gmail.com> wrote:
> This does present a quandary, because we'd either have to find
> configuration that causes the problem to go away, or we have to modify
> the string we're executing if we're not using the API.
>
> But the latter undoes the benefit of unifying the API and CLI.

this seems to work:

mark /OutputFile (broken.pdf)
(pdfwrite) finddevice putdeviceprops setdevice
showpage
mark /OutputFile (broken.pdf)
(pdfwrite) finddevice putdeviceprops setdevice
(broken.eps) run

note that ly:gs-api is actually also broken, but it needs much more
random coincidence to surface. You'd need a lilypond-book document
where the first file being processed happens to be empty.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen