FW: Question on commit c478396f Move all doc building logic to Documenta

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: FW: Question on commit c478396f Move all doc building logic to Documentation/GNUmakefile
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 02:45:10 +0000

Forwarding to list, because I didn't reply to all.  Sorry!

On 9/29/21, 8:35 PM, "Carl Sorensen" <c_sorensen@byu.edu> wrote:

    John,

    On 9/29/21, 5:12 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of John Wheeler"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+carl.d.sorensen+digest=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
wheelerwjx9@runbox.com> wrote:

        Thank you to both you and Jean.

        I must be the one exception to "nobody uses this", I appreciate the
        "good luck" wish.

    If you want to build this appendix yourself, get the file

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/stable/2.20/scripts/build/yyout2grammar.py

    and the file

    https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/lily/parser.yy

    Note that yyout2grammar.py is from lilypond 2.20, when it was still part of
the build tree, and parser.yy comes from the current master.

    Install bison on your system, and follow the instructions in the comments
of yyout2grammar.py to convert parser.yy to the output file name of your choice.

    Although it's not part of the release, the pieces are available due to git.

    HTH,

    Carl