Re: Scheme performers/translators

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Scheme performers/translators
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 11:15:09 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 12:24 AM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> Well, this is not as much supporting the MIDI layer as it is
>> employing the translator level for messing with music during
>> iteration.  It's sort of annoying that it doesn't work by default.
>
> It doesn't work by default because we never bothered to invest time in
> improving it.

You are changing the topic.  It's sort of annoying that employing the
translator level for messing with music during iteration doesn't work by
default since all that is required for that is not deleting the already
instantiated translator from the respective lists.

> It's not obvious to me that a principled approach to MIDI rendering
> would use a broadcast/acknowledge type architecture like the
> typography part does.

Not relevant at all to this patch.