Re: Lyric extenders in/out of alternatives

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Lyric extenders in/out of alternatives
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:44:45 +0200

Does anybody see a better solution that might be good enough for the NR?

Well-invented. I don't see anything better.

Thanks (also for looking at this in the first place).

My feeling is that this should replace the "_something" example in the NR, but because of its complexity, it should perhaps rather be a "selected snippet" than a regular NR example. Would that be reasonable?

Of course, the ideal solution would be a possibility to tell the Lyrics context that it should "take" the second alternative and make it skip the first alternative automatically (and suspend the LyricExtender along the way). But my feeling is that this would be not so easy to implement.

Probably doable, and probably a fair bit of work.

I'd basically be interested in trying to understand the mechanics involved, but seeing as term started today at our university, I'm sceptical I can spend serious time on this before Christmas break. (And there's a fair chance it would be above my head anyway.)

Lukas