Re: compiling MacOS application in LilyDev

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: compiling MacOS application in LilyDev
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 21:24:06 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 07.11.2021 um 20:13 -0600 schrieb Karlin High:
> On Sun, Nov 7, 2021, 6:46 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > is it possible for me to compile a version of Lilypond that will run
> > natively on my Mac OS machine?
> >

> One starting point:
>
> <https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/>

As far as I can tell, this won't work with current master because it's
stuck on 2.20 with Python 2. Now it depends on what you call "run
natively": If you are fine with 32-bit executables, GUB is still the
official source for our binaries and cross-compiles from Linux. It's
probably possible to make it work under LilyDev, but it's ... uhm ...
not the easiest setup to get right.

If you're feeling a bit advantageous and want 64-bit binaries with
Guile 2.2, you are welcome to give the new infrastructure a try that I
have been developing for the past months. The version in master works
*almost*, be sure to apply
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/986 or wait for
it to be merged. This needs to be run natively on macOS (*not* under
the LilyDev VM) and you'll need to install all build-time dependencies
to build LilyPond and its run-time dependencies (for example with
HomeBrew: bison, fontforge, meson, ninja, python, t1utils, texlive).

Jonas