What autogenerated documentation to translate

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: What autogenerated documentation to translate
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:47:33 +0100

Hello,

Suppose I submitted a change allowing to translate
autogenerated documentation via PO files (likely not
this week because I already have syntax highlighting
on my plate, but this discussion can already happen now).
What should we translate?

One reason for asking is that the list of Scheme
functions (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/scheme-functions)
is quite large (693 docstrings, as many as context
properties and grob properties together) and all very
technical, so I don't know if is a good idea to translate
it.

More precisely, for which of the following should
translation support be added?

- Markup and markup list function docstrings
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/text-markup-commands),

- Music function docstrings
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/available-music-functions),

- Type predicates
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/predefined-type-predicates),

- All the stuff in the first three parts of the
  Internals Reference: Music definitions, Translation,
  Backend (including property docstrings,
  music expression & context & engraver & grob interface
  docstrings, etc.)

- The list of Scheme functions.

Thoughts on the matter would be welcome, especially
from translators.

A semi-related question for Jean-Charles in particular:
https://translationproject.org/team/fr.html directs
me to https://traduc.org/Projet_de_traduction/, but
the mailing list link is a 404. How does this work?

Best,
Jean