Re: Planning for 2.22.2

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Planning for 2.22.2
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 23:35:29 +0100

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 8:36 PM Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there's a number of fixes stacking up in stable/2.22 (at least after I
> processed the patches that I marked for backporting in the past months)
> and I'd like to tentatively plan for the next bug fix release 2.22.2
> some time in February. We could collect some bonus points by going for
> the 22nd, but we'll see if and how that works out 😉

It would be awesome to release 2.22.2 on 22/2/2022 ! :)

thanks for driving this!

> So please let me know if you have anything that you think would be good
> to include and that I haven't backported yet. I hope wrote a comment on
> all MRs that I cherry-picked commits from, and changed the milestones
> of the corresponding issues, if there is one...

I had a quick look at my recent changes, but you have the important
ones already.

> I would have liked to include some more balloon fixes, but already
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1071 doesn't
> produce the expected results (no footnote on the MultiMeasureRestNumber
> and \after is not available in 2.22 at all), and the fix from
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1077 doesn't seem
> to work either. I suspect they require the sticky grob infrastructure,
> so I've given up on them unless somebody (Jean?) can tell me that which
> prerequisite to pick first.

I'd stick to infrastructure fixes (eg. avoid crashes), and avoid
cherry-picking changes to the formatting engine

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen