[RFC] Uploading future binaries to GitLab

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: [RFC] Uploading future binaries to GitLab
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 21:42:37 +0100

Hi all,

I hope things are coming together for a "dual" release 2.23.6 using GUB
and the infrastructure that I developed in the past months. For the
final question, I'd like to propose that we upload the binaries to
GitLab. I developed a small script which also adds direct links to the
release, see https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1175

Traditionally everything has been uploaded to lilypond.org and I
believe we want to continue doing this for the source archives. For the
binaries however, that are mostly downloaded by humans and not scripts,
I think GitLab is equally good or bad (both are running on GCP), we can
still directly link to the files, and I guess Han-Wen won't be too sad
that he doesn't have to provide egress traffic for all the binaries.

Let me know what you think.
Jonas