Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released

From: Omid Mo'menzadeh
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 12:50:17 +0330

It works with Guile 2.2, but with a lot of the mentioned warnings. The .nix
files I attached describe a recipe for building LilyPond, and two packages
are built in the shell.nix file, so yes, I am building both, using the same
recipe, but one with Guile 1.8, and one with Guile 2.2. Both are using the
same FontConfig for sure. The binaries under Nix are not really
self-contained, so it would be a challenge to create a binary. But I will
try to isolate the issue.

To test the Nix files you don't need a VM, Nix can be installed as a
per-user package manager on OSX and almost any GNU/Linux distribution, but
a VM may be a cleaner solution for you.