Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:18:45 +0100

Am Montag, dem 14.02.2022 um 00:04 +0100 schrieb Hans Aikema:
> Jonas,
>
> My experience for my specific scenario with 2.23.6 is quite bad: it
> appears to have broken PNG transparency (Mac OS 11.6.3 on Intel Mac
> (MacBook Pro Late 2013 and Mac Pro 2013).
>
> Creating PNG images with transparency ‘white on transparent’ (for the
> purpose of putting the in Powerpoint for ‘white on black background
> presentation slides) works fine when using Lilypond macports build
> for 2.22.1
>
> Using macports build for 2.23.6 gs breaks at an error on the first
> page. The temp PNG appears to be white-on-white-background-with-
> transparent-page.
> ===
> [...]
> ====
>
> Using the Guile 2.2 build from Github I get all the expected PNGs,
> the first page appears to be white-on-white-on-transparent-page (all
> is see is a white irregular block on a transparent background) , from
> the second page onward the output is green-on-white-on-transparent-
> page

Hi,

this is a "known" problem that I already encountered some time ago:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6203 I thought this only
affects Ghostscript 9.55 (where you observed the crash) and that 9.54
would be fine (as we use in the binaries with Guile 2.2), so thanks a
lot for reporting that the problem is actually much worse. I'll make
sure this is addressed before the next release.

Jonas