Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 00:45:53 +0100

Le 16/02/2022 à 15:37, Thomas Scharkowski a écrit :
Hi all,

I installed this version today, everything seems to work.
It might be of interest that the MacPorts version of 2.23.6 runs around three
times faster on my MacBookPro M1, macOs 12.1

Carver Missa compile times are 28,6“ and 10,3“ MacPorts version.

Thomas

A certain slowdown is expected -- these binaries don't have
Guile bytecode for LilyPond's .scm files yet. This should
be added eventually before we make a full switch.

In the meanwhile, try compiling once with

  GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1 lilypond file.ly

That will take longer and give you zillions of warnings, but
your LilyPond should get faster after that. It would be
interesting if you could report the timing.

Best,
Jean