Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.6 released
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:34:09 +0000

On 2/16/22, 7:37 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Thomas Scharkowski"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+carl.d.sorensen+digest=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
t.scharkowski@t-online.de> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I installed this version today, everything seems to work.
    It might be of interest that the MacPorts version of 2.23.6 runs around
three times faster on my MacBookPro M1, macOs 12.1

    Carver Missa compile times are 28,6“ and 10,3“ MacPorts version.

Is it possible that Jonas's binaries are built for i86_64, while the MacPorts
version build on Thomas's machine are built for M1?  If that is the case, the
speed difference is probably due to the use of Rosetta 2 to run lilypond,
rather than being in M1 native.

I don't know if this is the case, but wanted to throw the idea out.

Carl