Re: layout blocks for book and bookpart

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: layout blocks for book and bookpart
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 20:13:01 +0100

Hello Jean,

That sounds interesting. Maybe one way to do this would be allowing nested
\contexts? For example
\layout {
\context {
\StaffGroup
\context {
\Staff
something
}}}

to specifically target contexts that are children of other context. This way it
would be possible to have
\new StaffGroup \with {
\context {
\Staff
}
} << ... >>

@David:
Hardly anything put into layout blocks can be but into paper blocks. For
example something like this won’t work:

\bookpart {
  \paper {
    \override Staff.StaffSymbol.thickness = #2
  }
  { c d e}
}

Best,