Re: layout blocks for book and bookpart

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: layout blocks for book and bookpart
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 23:32:55 +0100

Le 09/02/2022 à 20:13, Valentin Petzel a écrit :
Hello Jean,

That sounds interesting. Maybe one way to do this would be allowing nested
\contexts? For example
\layout {
\context {
\StaffGroup
\context {
\Staff
something
}}}

to specifically target contexts that are children of other context. This way it
would be possible to have
\new StaffGroup \with {
\context {
\Staff
}
} << ... >>

This is an elegant and attractive syntax proposal. I am
mildly concerned, though, about the fact that \context will
be used with very different meaning with respect to the
internals (and thus to user Scheme code) depending on whether
it's inside or outside -- unless one manages to rework output
defs, context defs and context mods in a way that makes it work
equivalently inside or outside (a refactoring is probably
desirable independently). Anyway, I think the syntax discussion
can be had on the day someone comes up with an implementation.

Best,
Jean