Re: Comments wanted on code highlighting in PDF output

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Comments wanted on code highlighting in PDF output
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:00:59 +0100

Le 21/02/2022 à 20:54, Luca Fascione a écrit :
Absolutely!
At the moment I am setting up for a couple projects: one is a collection of guitar music (hence the other thread, it's not going to be super large, but I want it look as beautiful as I can). the other is more a scale out kinda thing (I'm seeing if I can help put together a biggish collection of jazz sheets, like a real book, based on the openbook corpus. I have a template based on some of Abraham Lee's work and I'm working on infrastructure to assemble the collection in a way to be as flexible as possible. Also infrastructure and apparata to be generated (possibly in TeX through lilypond-book?) for things like author lists, genre lists and such. Lots for me to learn. Atm I'm stuck trying to use \bookpart from inside a scheme procedure and it's not going too hot I must say.

Are you aware of

https://myrealbook.vintherine.org/

?

Once I'm done with these, if there's still interest, I could see if I can help with this stuff. I like parsey things fwiw.

The idea of parsing lisp was because I was imagining you could scrape the .scm source files to build a database of callables and their signatures and then use that to guide highlighting examples found in the docs. Wasn't aware of your other script

Yeah, Scheme (at least its Guile incarnation) has enough
reflective power that parsing it by hand is not necessary.
We actually do some parsing (scripts/build/lilypond-words.py),
and that is what I hope to replace.

Jean