Re: Blockers for Guile 2.2

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Blockers for Guile 2.2
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 08:41:41 +0100

Le 25/02/2022 à 08:18, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
If so, that clears my concerns.
Just to be sure, can you be more precise here? Does it also clear the
concerns about entirely dropping the code for Guile 1.8?

If it turns out to work on Windows, it clears that
category of concern, yes. The other concern I had
not sure yet what this is caused by, if it's fixable, ...
In summary, more investigation is needed. The Guile
statprof output he posted shows a dramatic increase
in the time for apply-smob/1, so if I understand it
correctly it seems like a slowdown on the C++ side in
a translator method (?). With Thomas Scharkowski we
communicated off-list and managed to get a profile
with the "sample" command, but I had forgotten that
these binaries didn't have debugging symbols. That's
as far as I got for now.

Jean