Re: Distribution delays on mailing lists for GNU LilyPond

From: Aaron Hill
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 09:33:38 -0700

On 2022-06-17 9:07 am, Ian Kelling wrote:
Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> writes:

In case it helps, your very message to the list was delayed
significantly.

I presume I hadn't posted to lilypond-devel before, so it was held for
moderation and the listhelpers were asleep, they approved it after they
woke up. So, this was case #1. Again, I encourage the lilypond list
owner/admin to recruit more moderators to approve first time posts.

Aaron, I'm removing you from the Cc, so this message will still go
through the list to you, take a look at how long it takes to get to you now.

Can confirm: no appreciable delay. Moderation could make sense here, although it would not explain why regular users of the lists experience this delay intermittently. Is there some component that randomly selects emails for moderation regardless of past decisions?

-- Aaron Hill