Re: Next development release

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Next development release
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:17:12 +0200 (CEST)

> Le 24/06/2022 22:48, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
> <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> a écrit :
>

> Hi all,
>
> according to my self-set schedule, it would be time for another
> development release as the last one was five weeks ago. Last weekend I
> wanted to wait for a solution to the crashes on Windows when compiling
> large scores, https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6361, to
> avoid going through the release process twice in a short time. However,
> the problem still isn't understood as of now and it's hard to estimate
> when that will happen.
>
> Now, I would probably have time on Sunday to make release. What do
> people think, would that make sense or should 2.23.10 wait some more?

I think an unstable release is a good idea at this point,
as there have been a fair amount of changes, including
a few important ones. Of course, I also wish we'd
iron out #6361 soon, but as you say, we have no idea
when that's going to happen, so not delaying the release
seems reasonable to me.

Thanks,
Jean