Re: Draft plan for next stable release

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Draft plan for next stable release
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 18:28:29 +0200

On Sun, 2022-08-07 at 21:12 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

> > During week of September 19-25: Branching stable/2.24 unless some
> > really big problems are reported
> >
> > [ branch is frozen, no new features or syntax changes; master is
> > open again for development
>
> Is open again for development of build stuff, right? Or do you see
> more freezing happening?

I wouldn't call it "freeze", but eventually every developer has to
decide if a change is supposed to go into the next stable release or
the one after. This is at least what happened two years ago, for
example with Dan's \volta work.
So what I wanted to say is "open again for development targeting the
stable release after the one we're talking about in this thread".

Jonas