Re: Draft plan for next stable release

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Draft plan for next stable release
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 22:03:38 +0200

On Sun, 2022-08-07 at 21:02 +0200, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
LilyPond development wrote:
> The following is a proposal of a possible timeline; I don't expect this
> to be final and if there are good reasons, I think we can and should
> change it. I'm trying to take some of my availabilities into account,
> let's see how it works out...
>

> Weekend of August 20/21: LilyPond 2.23.12

So, this will already slip because there are a number of build system
changes that still need to get in (fix for Cygwin, adding Cairo to the
binaries, fixing symbolic links to the Python wrapper scripts). I will
try to do it early next week, else the weekend after...

> after: build freeze; no changes to configure, Makefiles, and release/
> scripts allowed unless there are very good reasons
>
> Weekend of September 10/11 OR 17/18: LilyPond 2.23.13
> (depends on my availabilities, I will have to see)

Very likely going to be the weekend of September 17/18 then...

> During week of September 19-25: Branching stable/2.24 unless some
> really big problems are reported

I *hope* we can keep this because I'm on travel the week after. But
we'll see what happens.