Re: makelsr.py updates \version statements for snippets from new/

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: makelsr.py updates \version statements for snippets from new/
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:24:19 +0000 (UTC)

> [...] I wonder if there should be a way not to introduce unrelated
> changes in an MR.  Right now, if I change one line in a snippet in
> new/, the MR diff will be cluttered by all those version updates.
> Or am I expected to only commit the relevant files anyway?

The latter, because...

> IIRC, calling makelsr.py wouldn't introduce unrelated changes,
> but I may be wrong here.

... you misremember, AFAIK.  The old script also called `convert-ly`
for all files in the `new` directory, which automatically introduced
these version updates for a lot of files.

It might be useful to update the CG, mentioning that `makelsr.pl
--new` should always be executed (and the results committed) after
`convertrules.py` get a new `@rule` command.

    Werner