Re: weird error engraving two files with 2.23.14

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: weird error engraving two files with 2.23.14
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 11:10:29 +0000

> I tried 2.23.12 and I got the same error.

Do you remember what version it last worked with?

> It works great using the cairo backend!
> I wanted to test it so I think I'll set it as default for all my scores.
> What are the current drawbacks? There's any page in the docs about cairo?

It looks like there was some kind of mixup adding info about cairo to
the changes doc. I can see the doc code in this diff:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1651/diffs?commit_id=1df07dd726ff8bf16e60501080fcbd47b82ae6d4
but it looks like that merge request somehow didn't end up including
that. I'll see about preparing a patch for it.

To summarise what's there: it should be an improvement over ghostscript,
but it's still experimental and doesn't implement all of the features of
the other backends (I can't remember what, if anything, is missing).

Kevin