Re: MacOS release help

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: MacOS release help
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:26:57 +0200

On Mon, 2022-10-17 at 22:26 +0100, Alex Harker wrote:
> Apologies for retreading old ground - I was unaware that this was the
> case and I’ve obviously misunderstood what you were getting at
> earlier in the thread entirely. Imistook the comments about a
> Lilypond app and dmg earlier to mean LilyPad - what did you intend by
> that - a LilyPond installer?

To be honest, I don't know. I was just relaying what was said in the
past, I'm not using macOS myself. If there is something more intuitive
for users, it's worth a shot but I'd like to ask for a clear motivation
*from the user perspective* before integrating it. I've tried quite
hard to keep things as simple as possible, and I think we should only
make it more complicated if there is a benefit...

> By definition an app on MacOS would have GUI of some sort, so an
> installer would make sense to me (If I’ve now got it correctly then
> for this purpose I would normally
> use http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Packages/about.html).

This, for example, looks quite hard / complicated to integrate into the
infrastructure we have right now. On the other hand, if it's only text
files and a bit of file moving / directory structure magic, that's a
different story.

Jonas