Is a texi2any upgrade still wanted, and what would it take? (WAS: Re: Ne

From: Karlin High
Subject: Is a texi2any upgrade still wanted, and what would it take? (WAS: Re: New Lilypond logo?)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 11:09:09 -0500

On 10/24/2022 10:12 AM, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
If you want my subjective personal opinion: the current logo
and website are just fine.

I understand there is a technical-debt issue in this area, though. Related to an old version of Texinfo, and the older texi2html vs the newer texi2any. Which is to generate the website concurrently with the rest of the documentation.

Near as I can tell, this reference best captures the issue:

<https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1557>

I have had my eye on this area as a potential future personal project, a long-term seasons-of-code level effort.

However, my levels of Linux development know-how are quite varied. What foundational knowledge would be needed for that effort? Reading the texinfo 1.82 manual, as well as a newer version?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA