Re: markup->string

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: markup->string
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 00:56:45 +0100

> Le 15 nov. 2022 à 00:48, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Well, I have to admit I can't follow.
> In my understanding the old markup->string has one or more arguments,
> the first must be of type markup.
> Obviously my understanding is not entirely correct.

It is correct. The problem is that parsing Scheme syntax is not as
straightforward as you might think.

> Nevertheless the insertion done by convert-ly is not nice, imho. As a
> mere user I'd think some bug happened.

In that case, NOT_SMART is the way to go (i.e., not changing anything but just
printing “Not smart enough to convert…”).

> Would it be feasable to do a type-checking for `headers' in
> `headers-property-alist-chain'?
> At least one could eliminate the (if ...) in the convert-rule.

I don’t think it’s a good thing on the long term to make
headers-property-alist-chain accept #f.