Re: Deprecation of instrumentCueName and instrument switch stuffs

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Deprecation of instrumentCueName and instrument switch stuffs
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 12:46:41 -0500

Hi Werner,

> Do you want this?

No… the first four measures should appear in concert pitch (because the flute
doesn’t transpose), but the second four measures need to be transposed
(including the key signature). My follow-up email, sent just before this, shows
the output I want.

My pit players sometimes have to play, in the same piece, five or more
instruments of different transposition (e.g., flute, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Bb
clarinet, Eb clarinet) — breaking every piece down into multiple chunks is not
only inefficient, time-consuming, and error-prone from a coding perspective, it
also discourages quick re-arrangement (which I often have to do in the middle
of a workshop or rehearsal period).

Thanks,
Kieren.