Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:21:02 +0100

Le 06/01/2023 à 10:19, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
Regardless of what has been done in prior versions, it seems to me the
cleanest solution still is to remove a number of markup commands that
we cannot or do not want to support with Cairo.

I don't see any markup commands other than \postscript
and \epsfile that we cannot fully support in Cairo.
The situation for these is that they are only partially
supported, they only work for PS/EPS output. I see no
point in removing them entirely, we can just deprecate
calling them for non-PS/EPS output. However, I think
the time to discuss this is not right now, but at least
when we have taken a decision on if/when we want to
support SVG images via librsvg.