Re: The hel-arabic.ly file story...

From: Amir Czwink
Subject: Re: The hel-arabic.ly file story...
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 21:25:21 +0000

Hello,

if you have problems with English maybe try DeepL translater, it's
pretty good: https://www.deepl.com/translator

Anyways @Adam Good, thanks for your offering. You can find the merge
request here:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1783

@Hassan EL FATIHI
I'm not "changing" anything, I'm just removing the code duplication
that hel-arabic.ly introduced over arabic.ly.

Can you tell us why you need 5/2 and 7/2 alterations? The biggest
interval in Arabic music between two adjacent tones is the one from the
Hijaz tetrachord which is 3/2 and this is never written as an
alteration but as an interval between two notes (for example Eb - F#
for Hijaz on D).

So which modifications don't you agree on? I'm not trying to do what I
want but what I believe is best for the code base and the user
convenience.

I never said that Nahawand is equal to minor, but show me a single
sheet music in Nahawand that uses a harmonic minor key signature. They
are always written in natural minor. And even if you write them in your
harmonic minor key signature, it is still not Nahawand. So there is
really no reason for that...

You can find the changes and the future version of hel-arabic.ly in the
merge request. Here is the link directly to your file:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/6b91d357b411320cdc0fa99e9b58dbd72cba752f/ly/hel-arabic.ly

Best regards,
Amir Czwink

Am Montag, dem 09.01.2023 um 17:53 +0100 schrieb
hassan.elfatihi@free.fr: