Re: Lilypond for Apple Processor

From: Jahrme Risner
Subject: Re: Lilypond for Apple Processor
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 02:52:08 +0000

Hi Ben,

It looks like both MacPorts and Homebrew (linked from
https://lilypond.org/download.html) have LilyPond working with ARM Macs (which
is what an M1 Mac would be) so if you already use either of those it should be
quite easy to add LilyPond.

If you haven’t used either package manager before they do have some differences
but none are likely to be so big that it would make much of a difference for a
new user. I personally use (on an Intel Mac) MacPorts and like it better
because they seem to focus more on stability while if staying on the
bleeding-edge is more your preference then Homebrew might be better.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Jahrme