Re: fetaBraces

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: fetaBraces
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:38:12 +0100

Le mardi 14 mars 2023 à 06:15 -0600, Abraham Lee a écrit :
> Hi, Jean!
>
> I am aware of individuals that appreciate the ability to mix and match fonts,
> including the brace font. In fact, I would guess that the more common combo
> is to use another music font with Emmentaler braces. I do believe this is a
> corner case and maybe it should be changed with some logic that assumes that
> #:brace is supposed to match #:music, since that is far more common, and then
> when someone wants to mix and match, they have to do it explicitly?

Do people do that because they prefer Emmmentaler's braces, or because their
chosen font doesn't have braces?

Is this specific to braces, or would there be a point in allowing to mix (say)
clefs from one font and note heads from another?

The reason for asking is that font selection and searching is pretty much a
mess right now, and I'm trying to understand what its ideal state would be
before trying to overhaul it.