Re: command for 'sequences'?

From: Olivier Guéry
Subject: Re: command for 'sequences'?
Date: 02 Oct 2001 12:32:55 +0200

On mar, 2001-10-02 at 11:37, Rune Zedeler wrote:

> > Do you plan to put it in
> > next realease (something just like \gacen{d}) ?
>
> No, I am quite sure that this will never be implemented in lilypond.
> If one could just run ly2dvi as a filter then it would be no problem to
> run it like this, either.
>
> > Or must we always use
> > something like what you discribe here ?
>
> Yes, I guess you have to stick with that.

        OK, maybe it's a silly question but, why ??
        Is it because it's too hard to do ? (I don't know anything about
programming, but it's don't seems to be a problem!), or because, if we
decide to add a lot of this type of macro, lily will be too big / slow ?
        I don't know how it's work, but can't it be possible too add a second
"package" with this type of extra feature ?

        In spite of, thank's for this trick.
                nemo.

--
Olivier Guéry      address@hidden