Re: command for 'sequences'?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: command for 'sequences'?
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:16:11 +0100

Den 29-Sep-01 skrev Jérémie Lumbroso:

[scheme]
JL> Would you mind writing me one that would replace :
JL> \slurDown \grace {d8 () s} \slurUp
JL>
JL> by :
JL> \gracen {d}

Well, I would use the c preprocessor for that purpose.

just do

#define gracen(x) \slurDown \grace {x8 () s} \slurBoth

in the start of the  program. You then insert your grace as

gracen(d)

notice the missing backslash and the round brackets.
Ofcourse, then, you have to call the c preprocessor on your ly-file:

instead of
$ ly2dvi file.ly
you do
$ cpp file.ly | ly2dvi >file.dvi

I haven't actually tried this, but it should work.

-Rune