Re: Possible bug.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Possible bug.
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:02:24 -0700

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:40:57 +1200
Jonathan Rosanowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Interpreting music...[8][16][24]programming error: Skipped something ?!
> (Continu
> ing; cross thumbs).

One little note: you should specify what version of Lily and what OS you're
running.  I can confirm that this warning message is displayed on the
current CVS version (on Debian/testing).

I have no idea why it occurs, though.

> I also wondered if there is any mechanism for substitution or macros. For
> example instead of entering \times 2/3 for tuplets could I define my own \tr
> or something which would then expand to \times 2/3?

It's a bit tricky since "\times 2/3 { blah }" needs to have the curly brackets.
If you just want a straight macro (say, for a repeating bass line) you could
do:

foo = \notes{ b4 b b b | a a a a | }

and then in your score you could have:
\score{\notes{
fis4 e d cis | \foo \foo \foo }}

You might be able to do
tr = \notes { \times 2/3 }

and then have:
[...]
\tr { a4 a a}

I guess that would save you a _bit_ of typing.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham