Re: Lyric Font Changes over Multiple Staves-hebrew lyrics

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: Lyric Font Changes over Multiple Staves-hebrew lyrics
Date: 26 Jun 2003 05:39:02 +0300

Well, you are welcome,
but I just copied it from a letter on cyrillic fonts.

but if it helped I am happy.

On the hebrew side I have a stickier problem.

When I run my example through lilypond-book it treats all text as
hebrew.

I need a way to make sure that just the lyrics are processed as hebrew.

Additionally.
The use of hebrew itself is problematic:
hebrew is right to left and english is left to right, but hebrew lyrics
are left to right globally and right to left locally:

As follows:
 this is english -> -> abc abc starts from the left
<- <- hebrew is this   cba cba starts from the right

lyrics                  start from the left, but each syllable  are read
from the right.

the problem I am having is how to get everything both the notation and
the lyrics to start from the left!!! Think about it a second when I tell
latex to use hebrew it makes everything go from right to left even the
notation!!!
I have dvi's with hebrew and the notation backwards....

Any thoughts???
Aaron