Re: notation apps

From: Michal Seta
Subject: Re: notation apps
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:16:13 -0500

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:19:27 -0500
d wrote:

> "Take a dive into Lilypond and refresh your musical experience."  ;)

Actually, this applies, at least in my case. to music making on linux in
general.  I actually welcome the fact that to accomplish certain tasks which
are easy to do with some of the all-in-one proprietary music softwares, in
linux you have to go through many different smaller programs that are good at
doing some small part of what you want to accomplish.  And there are so many
possibilities.  This way you are forced to evaluate your means and the desired
goal and experiment a little to find the right solution.  Also, this kind of
approach allows, and even forces, a change of habit, change of mind and
reconsider your approach to music making.

I found it not only refreshing but enriching as well.

Good line, though :)

P.S.  sorry I wondered off-topic a bit and in such a testimonial tone.
--
              _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta