Re: Public Domain Question

From: Jeremy
Subject: Re: Public Domain Question
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:07:14 +0200

d> Now my question, since this Dover publication states that it is a
d> republication of the Simrock edition published in 1882 and 1885, and this is
d> not an edition that has altered the original publication am I free and clear
d> to copy this score note for note into Lilypond and distribute it on
d> http://www.mutopiaproject.org?

David -- all Dover sheet music publications are part of public domain,
which explains why they are so cheap. They are the same editions
you'll find distributed on those SHEET MUSIC CD that seem to have
given birth to so many retailers.  You can go ahead with no qualms
whatsoever.

Oh, and please try the Windows Shell. ;)

  Jeremy