Re: Clef^15

From: Thorkil Wolvendans
Subject: Re: Clef^15
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:32:47 +0200

At 13:02 12-9-03 -0700, you wrote:
You can certainly make a "15va" spanner.  Do you want an actual
clef (which I've never seen before), or just a "two octaves higher" section
in your music?
Yes, I want to make an actual clef. I believe I saw it in a composition somewhere (I think an etude by Cramer, but I could be misktaken). I want to use it in one of my own compositions; it has quite a large part where the pianist has to play in the highest register of the keyboard. At first I had a "15va" spanner, but because it stretches over a big part of the composition, it disturbes the makeup of the page pretty much, so I hoped I could use a 15-clef. Oh well. Maybe someone hiding out there knows a way to fake a \clef "treble^15", or am I stuck to a "15va"-spanner?

Cheers!
Thorkil