Re: Clef^15

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Clef^15
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:15:47 -0700

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:32:47 +0200
Thorkil Wolvendans <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh well. Maybe someone hiding out there knows a way to fake a \clef
> "treble^15", or am I stuck to a "15va"-spanner?

Now that I've given it some more thought...

there's two parts to this problem:
1)  Printing a treble clef with a 15 (or 15va) on top of it.
2)  Printing all notes after that point two octaves lower than you
specify in your input file.

#2 is easy; use \property Staff.centralCPosition = #-20  from my
previous example.
#1 can be faked in a really ugly way: print a "15va" as a textscript
over the first note of each line, then use #'extra-offset to move that
15va from the note to the clef.
The best way would involve some scheme or a new symbol in a font, but
that's far beyond my knowledge.

(in fact, if you only want a small number of physical copies of this,
you could solve #1 by writing "15va" by hand!  :)

Cheers,
- Graham