Re: Relative mode

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Relative mode
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:16:27 -0400

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 03:11 pm, Rune Zedeler wrote:
> I have an alternative suggestion for a relative mode.
> What do you think?

I think it would be better to be able to leave and reenter
relative pitch with a colon:

a:,, b c d e   a:,, b c d e

The colon would anchor the note in the designated octave and then
relative pitch (to it) would resume on the next note.  This could be
especially useful in copying measures for example.  It's really strange
when two measures that are actually identical don't look identical.

1. It would make the file easier to read *and maintain* instead of more
difficult.

2. It requires less typing.

3. It does not require a different mode, it just would make relative
mode a whole lot more more useful.

4. It is easy to understand, and it would be easier for beginners to
get used to relative mode with the occasional anchor note helping to
reduce the number of mistakes.

daveA

--
D. Raleigh Arnold dra@ http://www.openguitar.com address@hidden